Board of Appeals
- First and Third Tuesday of every month
- Check the Town Calendar for current meeting information
- Burlington Town Hall
29 Center Street
Main Hearing Room
Burlington, MA 01803
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Information Regarding Upcoming Applications for Hearings
Please click here for instructions on how to access current applications in the Online Variance Application System (ViewPoint)
The members and alternate members of the Board of Appeals are:
- Jeffrey DiBona, Clerk
3 Michele Dr.
- Jeremy Harrington
36 Peach Orchard Rd
Term: 2022 - ALT
- Ray Blenkhorn
134 Winn Street
Term: 2023 - ALT
The Board of Appeals is an appointed board, with five permanent members and two alternates. This Board was created under Section 9.5.1 of the Town's Zoning Bylaw, pursuant to Chapter 40A of the Massachusetts General Laws (MGL). Its purpose is to hear and decide appeals from an adverse decision of the Building Inspector or any Town Board, to hear and decide petitions for variances, to make determinations in Flood Hazard Districts, and to issue comprehensive permits under MGL Chapter 40B. In order to grant a variance from the strict requirements of the applicable Zoning By-Laws, the Board of Appeals must review the hardships as submitted by the petitioner.
There is no set formula by which the Board can make its decision and each case must be treated individually, must stand on its own merits and is not decided by precedence.
New Online Variance Application System
If you want to submit an Application online, you will need to print out this paper application, and sign it. Then you can upload the completed application to our Online Variance Application System. We will reply back to you with in normal business hours with the processing of your Application.
Deadlines for Permit Applications
2 pm on the Following Tuesdays:
- Meeting September 20th deadline August 30th
- Meeting October 4th deadline September 13th
- Meeting October 18th deadline September 27th
- Meeting November 1st deadline October 11th
- Meeting November 15th deadline October 25th
- Meeting December 6th deadline November 15th
- Meeting December 20th deadline November 29th
- Variance Application (PDF) This application should be completed, printed and signed or it can then be submitted online.
- Board's Rules and Regulations
- Board of Appeals FAQ (PDF)
- All Variances Decisions by Address Prior to 5/2019 (PDF)
- B-CAT Videos - Board of Appeals (and other) Town Boards
To find the notices check under Woburn Daily Times, the legal notices for Board of Appeals can be located under the Planning and Land Use Category drop down menu or send an email to the Board of Appeals to request a copy of the legal notice.