January 24, 2022
123 Cambridge Street
Burlington, MA 01803
January Town Meeting - Postponed to 2/16/2022
Monday, January 24, 2022
this is the January session for Town Meeting, it could continue to a second evening which would be January 26th. We plan on it being in person, but stay tuned. Warrants will be available 2 weeks prior.
January 18, 2022
Town of Burlington
29 Center Street
Burlington MA 01803
RE: Postponement of Town Meeting Due to Health Emergency
Dear Chair and Members of the Select Board;
Reference is made to the above captioned matter and the Town Meeting scheduled for January 24, 2022. In that connection, I have consulted with the Burlington Health Agent and have determined that due to the surge in the COVID-19 Omicron Variant a public health emergency exists, and that the convening of Town Meeting in the High School auditorium would be counter to protecting the members of Town Meeting and the various staff involved as well as the users of the High School.
To that end, due to the public health emergency caused by the COVID-19 Omicron Variant, I will be recessing Town Meeting to February 16, 2022 at 7:30 pm to be held in person at the High School Auditorium, 123 Cambridge Street, Burlington, Massachusetts. I am causing this notice to be posted as follows:
- This notice shall be filed with the Town Clerk and then posted in a manner conspicuously visible to the public at all hours in Town Hall.
- This notice shall be directed to the constables or to some other persons, who shall post the notice in the manner otherwise prescribed by general law, charter or by-laws for the posting of notice of town meetings.
- One copy of this notice of declaration of recess and continuance shall be posted at the main entrance of the High School Auditorium.
- In addition, I have caused this notice to be provided to each Town Meeting Member via electronic and broadcast media.
- This Notice shall be posted on the Town website.
Finally, I request that you notify the Attorney General’s Office within 10 days after this declaration of recess and continuance of a town meeting pursuant to this section that the Public Health Agent as designated by the Selectboard submit a report providing the justification for the declaration.
William Beyer, Moderator