Hall of Fame
Submission Instructions: It is strongly recommended that nominations be prepared in a word document to help collect and organize the information so it can be easily copied and pasted into the online form. Not only does this let the nominator collect, write, edit, and check character counts but it also ensures that any disruptions (e.g., loss of internet connection) do not mean loss of time and work.
One photo of the nominee should be included with the nomination, but do NOT include CDs, DVDs, newspaper articles, notebooks, or other materials. Late, incomplete or misdirected nomination forms will be disqualified. Nominations must be postmarked, submitted online, or e-mailed no later than February 28, 2019.
- Online (preferred method): Please complete the form online. See below for online links.
- By e-mail: Please download an application below and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org (MS Word attachment preferred). Include “ATTN: Hall of Fame” in the subject line; Photo should be attached as a jpg or jpeg file.
- By mail: Burlington Parks & Recreation, ATTN: Hall of Fame, Town Hall 29 Center Street, Burlington, MA 01803; Include one photo.
- In the office: in a sealed envelope marked: Burlington Parks & Recreation, ATTN: Hall of Fame, Town Hall 29 Center Street, Burlington, MA 01803; Include one photo.
Complete nomination online by clicking here.
Want to send a nomination via email? Please download the nomination form by clicking here.
Designed to honor individuals and organizations that have shown an outstanding commitment to the Burlington Parks & Recreation Department.
- Employee: Nominee must be or have been employed with the Burlington Parks & Recreation Department for a minimum of 7 years, are in good standing with the Department and support the Department’s mission. The nominee could have also provided outstanding service or contributed to a specific project..
- Volunteer: Nominee should have provided a minimum of 25 hours of service or contributed to a specific project that is not program related.
- Commissioner: Nominee should have a served a minimum of 2 terms.
- Partnering Organizations: Nominee must have made contributions that have been significant, substantial and longstanding.
Nominations must provide clear evidence that the nominees’ contributions have excelled in all five criteria as follows:
Please provide a brief description of the nominee’s community contribution(s) that can be shared with the nominee, the public, and/or the media to highlight the nominee’s contribution(s) as written. Please describe how the nominee, through their volunteer efforts, over time has made the community stronger and how the nominee has demonstrated leadership in developing solutions to local problems or priorities. If you are nominating a not-for-profit organization, please describe how the nominee has made the community or community organization stronger and how the nominee employed innovative practices and/or experimented with new approaches to find solutions to local challenges or priorities.
Impact is the depth of the nominee’s contribution(s) and is one of the key considerations in the assessment process. The nomination narrative should describe how the nominee’s contribution has made a difference in the community. In addition, illustrate how the nominee’s activities have had a long-term impact on the community and how these activities have addressed a priority within the community. If nominating a not-for-profit organization, your nomination should specify whether solutions to local challenges or priorities are sustainable and whether the nominee accessed diverse sources of funding.
In describing the reach of the contribution(s) describe how the nominee’s contribution has benefited an individual, group, or the community as a whole over a lifetime of volunteering.
Describe how the nominee has engaged others in collective efforts to make a difference in the community. The nomination should also illustrate how the nominee leveraged resources from others to address social challenges and sustained the activity or the solution to the problem or priority.
Provide details about how the nominee has been a role model within the community. Also, indicate how the nominee mentored others on community involvement. If nominating a not-for-profit organization the nomination should describe how the nominee has been a role model within the not-for-profit sector and specify how the nominee transferred expertise to other not-for-profit and community organizations.
Selection Process: A review panel comprised of the Director of Parks & Recreation, Program Coordinator, Parks Superintendent and Recreation Commissioner will evaluate submissions and make selections based on the criteria listed above.
Notification: Inductees will receive a letter from the Director of Parks & Recreation; a copy will be sent to the person who submitted the nomination.
Recognition: Inductees will be invited to accept their award in person during a special ceremony held each May. The person who submitted the nomination will also be invited to attend the ceremony. Names of inductees are added to the Burlington Parks & Recreation Department Hall of Fame plaque on permanent display in the Parks & Recreation Department office.