Substance Abuse Assistance
If you suspect someone has overdosed, please call 911.
You Can Save a Life!
NARCAN (Naloxone HCI) Nasal Spray is a life-saving medicine used to treat known or suspected opioid overdoses with signs of breathing problems and severe sleepiness or not being able to respond. NARCAN is available at all pharmacies (insurance coverage varies), and you can discuss options with the pharmacist. To learn more about NARCAN or to view a training video, please visit the NARCAN website.
The Burlington Police Department has an in-house recovery coach who can help residents that are struggling with substance abuse, or their loved ones. The recovery coach can make referrals to treatment providers, assist in connecting with support groups, guide with recovery responsibilities, as well as assist with other resources. Recovery coach services are free to Burlington residents and their loved ones. Insurance coverage is not necessary.
- Email Hannah Hazlett (Recovery Coach)
Phone: (781) 238-4694
Dispose of prescription medications and needles at the Burlington Police Department. Disposal units are available near the front desk, no questions asked.
Local Treatment Facilities, Resources & Support
- Massachusetts Bureau of Substance Abuse Hotline:
- Phone: 800-327-5050
- TTY: 888-448-8321
- Substance Abuse Mental Health Services Association (SAMHSA)
Inpatient Treatment Services
- AdCare Hospital, Worcester, MA (Transportation provided)
- Phone: 800-345-3552 or 800-252-6465
- Lahey Health Behavioral Services Treatment Centers, multiple locations
- Tewksbury Phone: 978-259-7000, x1 for admissions
- Danvers Phone: 978-777-2121 x1 for admissions
- New England Recovery Center by Spectrum Health Systems, Westborough, MA
- Phone: 800-366-7732, x2 for admissions
- Recovery Centers of America, Danvers, MA
- Phone: 978-767-2847
- Mayflower Recovery, Wilmington, MA
- Phone: 978-494-5097
Outpatient Treatment Services
- If you know and trust your Primary Care Provider, they are often the best place to start for outpatient services and MAT.
- Column Health, multiple locations providing MAT for opioid and alcohol abuse along with therapy
- Phone: 844-857-0354, x1 for new patients
- Clean Slate, multiple locations offering MAT for opioid and alcohol abuse
- North Charles Institute for the Addictions, Cambridge, MA. Provides methadone services
- Phone: 617-661-5700
- HCRC Woburn, provides methadone services
- Phone: 781-838-6757
- Topsail Addiction Treatment, Andover, MA. Variety of outpatient services
- Community support groups include: Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous, and SMART Recovery
- Veteran Specific Services
Support for Family & Friends
For Information of M.G.L. Chapter 123-Sec 35 (Involuntary Commitment)
- Section 35, or contact your local district court Civil Clerks Office